Top 10 Reasons to Adopt a Guinea Pig
March is Adopt a Guinea Pig Month!
At Olathe Animal Hospital, we love guinea pigs! From our veterinarians, to technicians, to receptionists, we all recognize that these furry little pets can be every bit as loved as the family dog or cat. That’s why, in honor of Adopt a Guinea Pig Month, we present you with this…
Top 10 Reasons to Ad
How To Make Your Ex Want You Back. How To Tell If An Ex Girlfriend Is Over You Winning Ex Girlfriend Back how to get your ex backhow to get you ex boyfriend back
opt a Guinea Pig
- They have a ton of personality!
- They don’t talk back to you. Unless you count “weep, WEEEEEP!” as talking back, but that’s just cute!
- They won’t bite and scratch you, unlike some pets! Although some guinea pigs can be a little nippy, they are generally very social and enjoy receiving and giving attention.
- They don’t need any vaccines! And with proper care, they tend to be very healthy little animals. However, we recommend wellness exams every six months so we can help ensure that they stay healthy.
- You don’t have to take a guinea pig for a walk in the rain or snow! Keep their cage fresh and clean with lots of soft bedding.
- Lots of guinea pigs are awaiting homes in shelters and rescue groups. You can save a life and get a new best friend—what more could you want!
- You can save money by building your own cage—it’s easy! Using C&C (stands for Cubes & Coroplast) and directions provided on the Guinea Pig Cages website, you can create large, luxurious homes for your piggies at a fraction of the cost you’d pay for a store-bought cage.
- Feeding them is easy! But do your research. The Guinea Lynx website has great dietary information. Guinea pigs should always have plenty of timothy hay available, and a high-quality guinea pig pelleted diet (NOT alfalfa-based pellets, and no “junk food” like seeds and dried fruit mixed in).
- They make great pets for children (but make sure the family is committed to caring for them, as no living animal is “maintenance-free”.)
- Just look at these faces!!