Kongs for dogs
Imagine hours of time, while your dog is blissfully entertaining itself, without barking, whining, digging, or other inappropriate behaviors!! Welcome to the Kong Toy!
The purpose of the Kong Toy, other than bouncing in wonderful and wacky ways when thrown, is to occupy your dog with two of its favorite tasks – chewing and eating. A dog that is doing something enjoyable cannot be barking, digging or destroying things at the same time, so Kong Toys make wonderful management tools for puppies and dogs alike. If used correctly, it can take a dog 1-2 hours of joyful chewing to unstuffy a Kong Toy.
Here are some combinations of mixtures for inside Kongs (you can also use plain dry dog food or treats, but they aren’t as interesting):
- Peanut butter and bananas
- Rice cooked in chicken broth with garlic
- Apple chunks with peanut butter
- Cream cheese with apple chunks
- Meat flavored baby food (no onion!) and cooked rice
- Canned dog food
- Dry cereal with peanut butter
- Dry dog food with vita-gravy or broth
- Canned pumpkin
Note: Freeze Kongs to make them last longer!